Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cardboard is the Next New Thing- Easy Mat for Greeting Card Art


What do you do when you buy a greeting card that makes you smile?  
Decide to frame it.  What do you do when you realize it’s not a standard size?  Paint cardboard.  Yes, that's the obvious answer that took me a few months to realize. 

I used an 8 x 10 frame from Goodwill I had already spray painted a glossy black and decided to paint the cardboard my dining room color for a mat.  (I still had my dining room wall paint out from the chalkboard I made.It took all of 2 minutes to do and no special equipment was needed.  I used a foam brush and it couldn’t have been simpler.
I’m happy with it! Now I just need to take pictures without a glare decide where to put it- by the back door or near my work space?  Don't worry, I fixed the spacing and moved it to the center after snapping this picture!

I'm linked up with Tip Junkie,  Savvy Southern Style and Today's Creative Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment